RHSA-2018:0296 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.4 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a lean data integration solution that provides easy, real-time, and unified data access across disparate sources to multiple applications and users. JBoss Data Virtualization makes data spread across physically distinct systems - such as multiple databases, XML files, and even Hadoop systems - appear as a set of tables in a local database.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.3.8, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- JBoss BPM Suite 6 is vulnerable to a reflected XSS via dashbuilder. Remote attackers can entice authenticated users that have privileges to access dashbuilder (usually admins) to click on links to /dashbuilder/Controller containing malicious scripts. Successful exploitation would allow execution of script code within the context of the affected user. (CVE-2016-6343)
- It has been reported that CSRF tokens are not properly handled in JBoss BPM suite dashbuilder. Old tokens generated during an active session can be used to bypass CSRF protection. In addition, the tokens are sent in query string so they can be exposed through the browser's history, referrers, web logs, and other sources. Attackers may be able to obtain old tokens from various sources in the network and perform CSRF attacks successfully. (CVE-2016-7034)
These issues were discovered by Jeremy Choi (Red Hat Product Security Team).
Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization installation (including its databases, applications, configuration files, and so on).
Note that it is recommended to halt the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update, and then after installing the update, restart the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1371801 - CVE-2016-6343 Dashbuilder: Reflected XSS
- BZ - 1373347 - CVE-2016-7034 Dashbuilder: insecure handling of CSRF token
This erratum does not contain any packages.