RHSA-2018:0294 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1.2 security update
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1.2 is now available for download from the Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid is a distributed in-memory data grid, based on Infinispan.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1.2 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1.1, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- A deserialization flaw was discovered in the jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending the maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
- It was found that the Hotrod client in Infinispan would unsafely read deserialized data on information from the cache. An authenticated attacker could inject a malicious object into the data cache and attain deserialization on the client, and possibly conduct further attacks. (CVE-2017-15089)
- A vulnerability was found in Jasypt that would allow an attacker to perform a timing attack on password hash comparison. (CVE-2014-9970)
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-7525 and Man Yue Mo (Semmle/lgtm.com) for reporting CVE-2017-15089.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Data Grid installation (including databases, configuration files, and so on).
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1455566 - CVE-2014-9970 jasypt: Vulnerable to timing attack against the password hash comparison
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
- BZ - 1503610 - CVE-2017-15089 infinispan: Unsafe deserialization of malicious object injected into data cache
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Text-Only Advisories