RHSA-2018:0269 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.19 security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
[Updated 5th February 2018]
Previously, this erratum was marked as a security update for EAP 6.4.18. This was incorrect; the erratum is a security update for EAP 6.4.19.The erratum has been modified to reflect this.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.19 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.18, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- It was found that when Artemis and HornetQ are configured with UDP discovery and JGroups discovery a huge byte array is created when receiving an unexpected multicast message. This may result in a heap memory exhaustion, full GC, or OutOfMemoryError. (CVE-2017-12174)
- A vulnerability was discovered in Tomcat where if a servlet context was configured with readonly=false and HTTP PUT requests were allowed, an attacker could upload a JSP file to that context and achieve code execution. (CVE-2017-12617)
- A vulnerability was found in the way RemoteMessageChannel, introduced in jboss-remoting versions 3.3.10.Final-redhat-1, reads from an empty buffer. An attacker could use this flaw to cause denial of service via high CPU caused by an infinite loop. (CVE-2018-1041)
The CVE-2017-12174 issue was discovered by Masafumi Miura (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1494283 - CVE-2017-12617 tomcat: Remote Code Execution bypass for CVE-2017-12615
- BZ - 1498378 - CVE-2017-12174 artemis/hornetq: memory exhaustion via UDP and JGroups discovery
- BZ - 1530457 - CVE-2018-1041 jboss-remoting: High CPU Denial of Service
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories