RHSA-2017:3355 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.7 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite is a business rules and processes management system for the management, storage, creation, modification, and deployment of JBoss rules and BPMN2-compliant business processes.
This release of Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.7 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.6, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- A denial of service vulnerability was discovered in ZooKeeper which allows an attacker to dramatically increase CPU utilization by abusing "wchp/wchc" commands, leading to the server being unable to serve legitimate requests. (CVE-2017-5637)
- It was discovered that the XmlUtils class in jbpmmigration performed expansion of external parameter entities while parsing XML files. A remote attacker could use this flaw to read files accessible to the user running the application server and, potentially, perform other more advanced XML eXternal Entity (XXE) attacks. (CVE-2017-7545)
Red Hat would like to thank Man Yue Mo (Semmle) for reporting CVE-2017-7545.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1454808 - CVE-2017-5637 zookeeper: Incorrect input validation with wchp/wchc four letter words
- BZ - 1474822 - CVE-2017-7545 jbpmmigration: XXE vulnerability in XmlUtils
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1