RHSA-2017:2889 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.6 security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite is a business rules and processes management system for the management, storage, creation, modification, and deployment of JBoss rules and BPMN2-compliant business processes.
This release of Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.6 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6.4.5, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- It was found that when using remote logging with log4j socket server the log4j server would deserialize any log event received via TCP or UDP. An attacker could use this flaw to send a specially crafted log event that, during deserialization, would execute arbitrary code in the context of the logger application. (CVE-2017-5645)
- It was found that XStream contains a vulnerability that allows a maliciously crafted file to be parsed successfully which could cause an application crash. The crash occurs if the file that is being fed into XStream input stream contains an instances of the primitive type 'void'. An attacker could use this flaw to create a denial of service on the target system. (CVE-2017-7957)
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1441538 - CVE-2017-7957 XStream: DoS when unmarshalling void type
- BZ - 1443635 - CVE-2017-5645 log4j: Socket receiver deserialization vulnerability
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1