RHSA-2017:2692 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for openvswitch is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Open vSwitch provides standard network bridging functions and support for the OpenFlow protocol for remote per-flow control of traffic.
- An unsigned integer wrap around that led to a buffer over-read was found when parsing OFPT_QUEUE_GET_CONFIG_REPLY messages in Open vSwitch (OvS). An attacker could use this issue to cause a remote denial of service attack. (CVE-2017-9214)
- While parsing an OpenFlow role status message Open vSwitch (OvS), a call to the abort() function for undefined role status reasons in the function 'ofp_print_role_status_message' in 'lib/ofp-print.c' could be misused for a remote denial of service attack by a malicious switch. (CVE-2017-9263)
- A buffer over-read issue was found in Open vSwitch (OvS) which emerged while parsing the GroupMod OpenFlow messages sent from the controller. The issue could enable an attacker to cause a denial of service type of attack. (CVE-2017-9265)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1431495 - openvswitch: /var/log/openvswitch is world readable
- BZ - 1456795 - CVE-2017-9214 openvswitch: Integer underflow in the ofputil_pull_queue_get_config_reply10 function
- BZ - 1457327 - CVE-2017-9263 openvswitch: Invalid processing of a malicious OpenFlow role status message
- BZ - 1457335 - CVE-2017-9265 openvswitch: Buffer over-read while parsing the group mod OpenFlow message
Red Hat OpenStack 8