RHSA-2017:2649 - Security Advisory
Moderate: instack-undercloud security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for instack-undercloud is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
instack-undercloud provides a collection of scripts and elements that can be used to install an OpenStack undercloud (using python-instack).
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
instack-undercloud (5.3.0). (BZ#1479841)
- A flaw was found in instack-undercloud where pre-install and security
policy scripts used insecure temporary files. A local user could exploit
this flaw to conduct a symbolic-link attack, allowing them to overwrite the
contents of arbitrary files. (CVE-2017-7549)
This issue was discovered by Matthew Booth (Red Hat).
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1465616 - stackrc does not undefine OS_ env vars
- BZ - 1477403 - CVE-2017-7549 instack-undercloud: uses hardcoded /tmp paths
- BZ - 1479841 - Rebase instack-undercloud to e9a5137
Red Hat OpenStack 10