RHSA-2017:2633 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.17 update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.17 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.16, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- It was found that when using remote logging with log4j socket server the log4j server would deserialize any log event received via TCP or UDP. An attacker could use this flaw to send a specially crafted log event that, during deserialization, would execute arbitrary code in the context of the logger application. (CVE-2017-5645)
- A vulnerability was discovered in the error page mechanism in Tomcat's DefaultServlet implementation. A crafted HTTP request could cause undesired side effects, possibly including the removal or replacement of the custom error page. (CVE-2017-5664)
- A deserialization flaw was discovered in the jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending the maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-7525.
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1443635 - CVE-2017-5645 log4j: Socket receiver deserialization vulnerability
- BZ - 1459158 - CVE-2017-5664 tomcat: Security constrained bypass in error page mechanism
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories