RHSA-2017:2547 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.4.5 security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss BRMS is a business rules management system for the management, storage, creation, modification, and deployment of JBoss Rules.
This release of Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.4.5 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.4.4, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- A deserialization flaw was discovered in the jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending the maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
- A vulnerability was found in Jasypt that would allow an attacker to perform a timing attack on password hash comparison. (CVE-2014-9970)
- An XXE vulnerability was found in Apache Batik which could allow a remote attacker to retrieve the files on the vulnerable server's filesystem by uploading specially crafted SVG images. The vulnerability could also allow a denial of service condition by performing an amplification attack. (CVE-2017-5662)
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-7525.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1443592 - CVE-2017-5662 batik: XML external entity processing vulnerability
- BZ - 1455566 - CVE-2014-9970 jasypt: Vulnerable to timing attack against the password hash comparison
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1