RHSA-2017:2477 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a lean data integration solution that provides easy, real-time, and unified data access across disparate sources to multiple applications and users. JBoss Data Virtualization makes data spread across physically distinct systems - such as multiple databases, XML files, and even Hadoop systems - appear as a set of tables in a local database.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.3 Update 7 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.3 Update 6, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- A deserialization flaw was discovered in the jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending the maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
- A vulnerability was discovered in Apache Thrift client libraries that allows remote, authenticated attackers to cause an infinite recursion via vectors involving the skip function; resulting in a denial of service (DoS) condition. (CVE-2015-3254)
- A denial of service vulnerability was discovered in ZooKeeper which allows an attacker to dramatically increase CPU utilization by abusing "wchp/wchc" commands, leading to the server being unable to serve legitimate requests. (CVE-2017-5637)
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-7525.
Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization installation (including its databases, applications, configuration files, and so on).
Note that it is recommended to halt the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update, and then after installing the update, restart the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1454808 - CVE-2017-5637 zookeeper: Incorrect input validation with wchp/wchc four letter words
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
- BZ - 1462783 - CVE-2015-3254 thrift: Infinite recursion via vectors involving the skip function