RHSA-2017:1836 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.7
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.7 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.6, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- A deserialization flaw was discovered in jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
- It was found that use of a JMS ObjectMessage does not safely handle user-supplied data when deserializing objects. A remote attacker could use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the application using the JMS ObjectMessage. (CVE-2016-4978)
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-7525.
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1379207 - CVE-2016-4978 Apache ActiveMQ Artemis: Deserialization of untrusted input vulnerability
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories