RHSA-2017:1598 - Security Advisory
Low: python-django-horizon security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Low
An update for python-django-horizon is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Dashboard (horizon) provides administrators and users with a graphical interface to access, provision, and automate cloud-based resources.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: python-django-horizon (10.0.3). (BZ#1432289, BZ#1454330)
- A cross-site scripting flaw was discovered in the OpenStack dashboard (horizon) which allowed remote authenticated administrators to conduct XSS attacks using a crafted federation mapping rule. For this flaw to be exploited, federation mapping must be enabled in the dashboard. (CVE-2017-7400)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1408777 - Default admin user from default domain does not have Domains tab in Horizon Web Interface.
- BZ - 1414997 - modifying any quota in horizon triggers cinder to update gigabytes = null. Results in horizon error.
- BZ - 1427328 - System info tab in horiozon does not display correct version.
- BZ - 1432036 - Password revealing icon (eyeball) is in the wrong place
- BZ - 1432245 - Cannot create volume from image if cinder v1 service deleted
- BZ - 1432289 - Rebase python-django-horizon to 10.0.3
- BZ - 1439626 - CVE-2017-7400 python-django-horizon: XSS in federation mappings UI
- BZ - 1454330 - Rebase python-django-horizon to 9dda5a
Red Hat OpenStack 10