RHSA-2017:1504 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat OpenStack Platform director security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 (Mitaka).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform director provides the facilities for deploying and monitoring a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- A design flaw issue was found in the Red Hat OpenStack Platform director use of TripleO to enable libvirtd based live-migration. Libvirtd is deployed by default (by director) listening on 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces) with no-authentication or encryption. Anyone able to make a TCP connection to any compute host IP address, including 127.0.0.1, other loopback interface addresses, or in some cases possibly addresses that have been exposed beyond the management interface, could use this to open a virsh session to the libvirtd instance and gain control of virtual machine instances or possibly take over the host. (CVE-2017-2637)
A KCS article with more information on this flaw is available at:
This issue was discovered by David Gurtner (Red Hat).
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1428240 - CVE-2017-2637 rhosp-director:libvirtd is deployed with no authentication
- BZ - 1431673 - [BUG] nova vnc server listens on all active interfaces due to hardcoded vncserver_listen value
- BZ - 1457132 - Deployment fails with Error: Duplicate declaration: Class[Nova::Migration::Libvirt] is already declared; cannot redeclare at /var/lib/heat-config/heat-config-puppet/df1c629e-d4ed-4708-813d-153dc641a67a.pp:113 on node compute-0.localdomain
- BZ - 1457738 - No such file or directory - /etc/nova/migration/authorized_keys20170531-21998-1yc0ugh
Red Hat OpenStack 9