RHSA-2017:1409 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications based on the JBoss Application Server.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.6 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.5, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- It was discovered that under certain conditions RESTEasy could be forced to parse a request with YamlProvider, resulting in unmarshalling of potentially untrusted data. An attacker could possibly use this flaw execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the application using RESTEasy. (CVE-2016-9606)
- It was found that the log file viewer in Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application 6 and 7 allows arbitrary file read to authenticated user via path traversal. (CVE-2017-2595)
- It was discovered that the code that parsed the HTTP request line permitted invalid characters. This could be exploited, in conjunction with a proxy that also permitted the invalid characters but with a different interpretation, to inject data into the HTTP response. By manipulating the HTTP response the attacker could poison a web-cache, perform an XSS attack, or obtain sensitive information from requests other than their own. (CVE-2017-2666)
- It was found that with non-clean TCP close, Websocket server gets into infinite loop on every IO thread, effectively causing DoS. (CVE-2017-2670)
Red Hat would like to thank Moritz Bechler (AgNO3 GmbH & Co. KG) for reporting CVE-2016-9606 and Gregory Ramsperger and Ryan Moak for reporting CVE-2017-2670. The CVE-2017-2666 issue was discovered by Radim Hatlapatka (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1400644 - CVE-2016-9606 Resteasy: Yaml unmarshalling vulnerable to RCE
- BZ - 1413028 - CVE-2017-2595 wildfly: Arbitrary file read via path traversal
- BZ - 1436163 - CVE-2017-2666 undertow: HTTP Request smuggling vulnerability due to permitting invalid characters in HTTP requests
- BZ - 1438885 - CVE-2017-2670 undertow: IO thread DoS via unclean Websocket closing