RHSA-2017:1243 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for openstack-heat is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Orchestration (heat) is a template-driven engine used to specify and deploy configurations for Compute, Storage, and OpenStack Networking. The service can be used to automate post-deployment actions, which in turn allows automated provisioning of infrastructure, services, and applications. Additionally, Orchestration can be integrated with Telemetry alarms to implement auto-scaling for certain infrastructure resources.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: openstack-heat (7.0.2). (BZ#1431258)
- An access-control flaw was found in the OpenStack Orchestration (heat) service where a service log directory was improperly made world readable. A malicious system user could exploit this flaw to access sensitive information. (CVE-2017-2621)
Red Hat would like to thank Hans Feldt (Ericsson) for reporting this issue.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1420990 - CVE-2017-2621 openstack-heat: /var/log/heat/ is world readable
- BZ - 1424578 - Heat doesn't inject personality files on rebuild
- BZ - 1424886 - Password written in clear text in heat-api.log with DEBUG mode [openstack-10]
- BZ - 1428632 - OpenStack Heat may fail to connect keystone admin API in multi-region environment
- BZ - 1428877 - [UPDATES] ERROR: The "pre-update" hook is not defined on SoftwareDeployment "UpdateDeployment"
- BZ - 1431258 - Rebase openstack-heat to stable/newton hash 6533b3d
Red Hat OpenStack 10