RHSA-2017:1217 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss BRMS security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss BRMS is a business rules management system for the management, storage, creation, modification, and deployment of JBoss Rules.
This release of Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.4.3 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.4.2, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- JBoss BRMS 6 and BPM Suite 6 are vulnerable to a stored XSS via several lists in Business Central. The flaw is due to lack of sanitation of user input when creating new lists. Remote, authenticated attackers that have privileges to create lists can store scripts in them, which are not properly sanitized before showing to other users, including admins. (CVE-2017-2674)
- JBoss BRMS 6 and BPM Suite 6 are vulnerable to a reflected XSS via artifact upload. A malformed XML file, if uploaded, causes an error message to appear that includes part of the bad XML code verbatim without filtering out scripts. Successful exploitation would allow execution of script code within the context of the affected user. (CVE-2017-7463)
Red Hat would like to thank Chris Hebert, Vikas Pandey, Harold Schliesske, and Ryan Stanley (Noblis) for reporting these issues.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1439819 - CVE-2017-2674 business-central: Multiple stored XSS in task and process filters
- BZ - 1439823 - CVE-2017-7463 business-central: Reflected XSS in artifact upload error message
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1