RHSA-2017:1097 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1 is now available for download from the Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid is a distributed in-memory data grid, based on Infinispan.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1.0 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.0.0, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes linked to in the References.
- An infinite-loop vulnerability was discovered in Netty's OpenSslEngine handling of renegotiation. An attacker could exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service. Note: Netty is only vulnerable if renegotiation is enabled (default setting). (CVE-2016-4970)
- It was found that the REST API in infinispan did not properly enforce auth constraints. An attacker could use this vulnerability to read or modify data in the default cache or a known cache name. (CVE-2017-2638)
The CVE-2017-2638 issue was discovered by Jonathan Mason (Red Hat).
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Data Grid installation (including databases, configuration files, and so on).
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1343616 - CVE-2016-4970 netty: Infinite loop vulnerability when handling renegotiation using SslProvider.OpenSsl
- BZ - 1428564 - CVE-2017-2638 infinispan: auth bypass in REST api
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1 for RHEL 6
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Text-Only Advisories