RHSA-2017:0868 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Fuse/A-MQ 6.3 R2 security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Fuse and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Fuse, based on Apache ServiceMix, provides a small-footprint, flexible, open source enterprise service bus and integration platform. Red Hat JBoss A-MQ, based on Apache ActiveMQ, is a standards compliant messaging system that is tailored for use in mission critical applications.
This patch is an update to Red Hat JBoss Fuse 6.3 and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ 6.3. It includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the readme.txt file included with the patch files.
- It was reported that Elasticsearch had vulnerabilities in the Groovy scripting engine, which allow an attacker to construct scripts that escape the sandbox and execute shell commands as the user running the Elasticsearch Java VM. (CVE-2015-1427)
- It was found that a flaw in Apache groovy library allows remote code execution wherever deserialization occurs in the application. It is possible for an attacker to craft a special serialized object that will execute code directly when deserialized. All applications which rely on serialization and do not isolate the code which deserializes objects are subject to this vulnerability. (CVE-2016-6814)
- It was found that Apache Commons HttpClient does not verify that the server hostname matches a domain name in the subject's Common Name (CN) or subjectAltName field of the X.509 certificate, which allows man-in-the-middle attackers to spoof SSL servers via an arbitrary valid certificate. (CVE-2012-5783)
- It was found that swagger-ui contains a cross site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the key names in the JSON document. An attacker could use this flaw to supply a key name with script tags which could cause arbitrary code execution. Additionally it is possible to load the arbitrary JSON files remotely via the URL query-string parameter. (CVE-2016-1000229)
- A vulnerability was found in FormattedServiceListWriter in Apache CXF HTTP transport module that could allow an attacker to inject unexpected matrix parameters into the request URL. On a successful injection these matrix parameters will find their way back to the client in the services list page which represents an XSS risk to the client. (CVE-2016-6812)
- Apache CXF JAX-RS implementation provides a number of Atom MessageBodyReaders. These readers use Apache Abdera Parser to parse Atom feeds or Entries, with this Parser expanding XML entities by default. It was found that this represents a major XXE risk. (CVE-2016-8739)
- A path traversal issue was found in Spark version 2.5 and potentially earlier versions. The vulnerability resides in the functionality to serve static files where there's no protection against directory traversal attacks. This could allow attackers access to private files including sensitive data. (CVE-2016-9177)
- It was found that the camel-snakeyaml component is exploitable for code execution. An attacker could use this vulnerability to send specially crafted payload to a camel-snakeyaml endpoint and causing a remote code execution attack. (CVE-2017-3159)
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 873317 - CVE-2012-5783 jakarta-commons-httpclient: missing connection hostname check against X.509 certificate name
- BZ - 1191969 - CVE-2015-1427 elasticsearch: remote code execution via Groovy sandbox bypass
- BZ - 1360275 - CVE-2016-1000229 swagger-ui: cross-site scripting in key names
- BZ - 1393607 - CVE-2016-9177 Spark: Directory traversal vulnerability in version 2.5
- BZ - 1406810 - CVE-2016-6812 apache-cxf: XSS in Apache CXF FormattedServiceListWriter
- BZ - 1406811 - CVE-2016-8739 apache-cxf: Atom entity provider of Apache CXF JAX-RS is vulnerable to XXE
- BZ - 1413466 - CVE-2016-6814 Apache Groovy: Remote code execution via deserialization
- BZ - 1420834 - CVE-2017-3159 camel-snakeyaml: Unmarshalling operation is vulnerable to RCE
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1