RHSA-2017:0258 - Security Advisory
Important: nagios security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for nagios is now available for Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.1 for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Nagios is a program that monitors hosts and services on your network, and has the ability to send email or page alerts when a problem arises or is resolved.
- It was found that an attacker who could control the content of an RSS feed could execute code remotely using the Nagios web interface. This flaw could be used to gain access to the remote system and in some scenarios control over the system. (CVE-2016-9565)
- A privilege escalation flaw was found in the way Nagios handled log files. An attacker able to control the Nagios logging configuration (the 'nagios' user/group) could use this flaw to elevate their privileges to root. (CVE-2016-9566)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Nagios Server 3 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1402869 - CVE-2016-9566 nagios: Privilege escalation issue
- BZ - 1405363 - CVE-2016-9565 nagios: Command injection via curl in MagpieRSS
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-premise 3 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Gluster Storage Nagios Server 3 for RHEL 7