RHSA-2017:0247 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is a platform for Java applications based on JBoss Application Server 7.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.13 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.12, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
[Updated May 2, 2017]
CVE-2016-8656 was originally listed as resolved with this erratum. However, this was incorrect, as that issue only affected RPM installations and not zip files as provided by this erratum.
- It was discovered that the code that parsed the HTTP request line permitted invalid characters. This could be exploited, in conjunction with a proxy that also permitted the invalid characters but with a different interpretation, to inject data into the HTTP response. By manipulating the HTTP response the attacker could poison a web-cache, perform an XSS attack and/or obtain sensitive information from requests other then their own. (CVE-2016-6816)
- An EAP feature to download server log files allows logs to be available via GET requests making them vulnerable to cross-origin attacks. An attacker could trigger the user's browser to request the log files consuming enough resources that normal server functioning could be impaired. (CVE-2016-8627)
- It was discovered that when configuring RBAC and marking information as sensitive, users with a Monitor role are able to view the sensitive information. (CVE-2016-7061)
The CVE-2016-8627 issue was discovered by Darran Lofthouse and Brian Stansberry (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1380852 - CVE-2016-7061 EAP: Sensitive data can be exposed at the server level in domain mode
- BZ - 1388240 - CVE-2016-8627 Potential EAP resource starvation DOS attack via GET requests for server log files
- BZ - 1397484 - CVE-2016-6816 tomcat: HTTP Request smuggling vulnerability due to permitting invalid character in HTTP requests
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories