RHSA-2016:2995 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3 security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3. This erratum is for Red Hat Ceph Storage that runs on Ubuntu 14.04.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, open, software-defined storage platform that combines the most stable version of the Ceph storage system with a Ceph management platform, deployment utilities, and support services.
- A flaw was found in the way Ceph Object Gateway would process cross-origin HTTP requests if the CORS policy was set to allow origin on a bucket. A remote unauthenticated attacker could use this flaw to cause denial of service by sending a specially-crafted cross-origin HTTP request. (CVE-2016-9579)
- Previously, the radosgw-all Upstart service depended on the ceph-all service in order to trigger a start operation. In some cases, ceph-all was not defined on Ceph Object Gateway nodes due to the packaging layout. As a consequence, radosgw-all did not start on boot unless the ceph package was also installed. With this update, radosgw-all has been modified to start according to runlevel in addition to the ceph-all event trigger. As a result, radosgw-all starts on boot also when the ceph package is not installed on a node. (BZ#1406047)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Calamari 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 1.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1403245 - CVE-2016-9579 ceph: Object Gateway server DoS by sending invalid cross-origin HTTP request
- BZ - 1406047 - [RGW - Ubuntu] - RGW service doesn't start automatically after reboot
Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage Calamari 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 1.3
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.