RHSA-2016:2848 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3 security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3. This erratum is applicable for Red Hat Ceph Storage that runs on Ubuntu 14.04.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, open, software-defined storage platform that combines the most stable version of the Ceph storage system with a Ceph management platform, deployment utilities, and support services.
- A flaw was found in the way Ceph Object Gateway handles POST object requests. An authenticated attacker could launch a denial of service attack by sending null or specially crafted POST object requests. (CVE-2016-8626)
- Dynamic Large Objects (DLOs) containing zero-length segments could cause the GET requests to enter an infinite loop or to fail depending on the position of the zero-length segment in an object, causing Ceph Object Gateway nodes to consume 100% of CPU. This bug has been fixed, and the GET requests succeed as expected in described situation. (BZ#1380196)
- This update adds the "apply-layout-settings" command to the ceph-objectstore-tool utility. The new command enables users to perform collection splitting offline on OSD nodes in cases when doing it online would cause too large an impact. (BZ#1367441)
- With this update, it is possible to change the maximum number shards per bucket. This is especially useful when bucket sharding was not configured correctly. (BZ#1378995)
All users of Red Hat Ceph Storage are advised to upgrade to these updated
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Calamari 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 1.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1367441 - [RHCS-1.3] ceph-objectstore-tool: ability to perform filestore splits offline : new command apply-layout-settings
- BZ - 1378995 - [RFE] [rhcs-1.3.x] RGW resharding tool
- BZ - 1380196 - [RHCS 1.3.z] RGW goes into loop causing 100% CPU utilization
- BZ - 1389193 - CVE-2016-8626 Ceph: RGW Denial of Service by sending null or specially crafted POST object requests
Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage Calamari 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 1.3
Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 1.3