RHSA-2016:2816 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Ceph Storage security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat Ceph Storage 2.1 that fix one security issue, multiple bugs, and add various enhancements. This erratum is applicable for Red Hat Ceph Storage that runs on Ubuntu 16.04.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, open, software-defined storage platform that combines the most stable version of the Ceph storage system with a Ceph management platform, deployment utilities, and support services.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version: ceph (10.2.3), ceph-deploy (1.5.36), calamari-server (1.4.9), nfs-ganesha (2.4.0), ceph-iscsi-config (1.5), libntirpc (1.4.1), ceph-iscsi-tools (1.1). (BZ#1340004, BZ#1349999)
- A flaw was found in the way Ceph Object Gateway handles POST object requests. An authenticated attacker could launch a denial of service attack by sending null or specially crafted POST object requests. (CVE-2016-8626)
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Ceph Storage 2.1 Release Notes available at:
All users of Red Hat Ceph Storage are advised to upgrade to these updated packages.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 2 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 2 x86_64
- BZ - 1387332 - [rhcs-2.y] rgw: crash when client post object with null conditions
- BZ - 1389193 - CVE-2016-8626 Ceph: RGW Denial of Service by sending null or specially crafted POST object requests
Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 2
Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 2