RHSA-2016:1973 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3.3 security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3.3 that fixes one security issue, multiple bugs, and adds various enhancements is now available for Ubuntu.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, open, software-defined storage platform that combines the most stable version of the Ceph storage system with a Ceph management platform, deployment utilities, and support services.
- A flaw was found in Ceph RGW code which allows an anonymous user to list contents of RGW bucket by bypassing ACL which should only allow authenticated users to list contents of bucket. (CVE-2016-7031)
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3.3 Release Notes linked from the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Scientific Computing 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage Calamari 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage MON 1.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Ceph Storage OSD 1.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1372446 - CVE-2016-7031 ceph: RGW permits bucket listing when authenticated_users=read
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.