RHSA-2016:1424 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Fuse/A-MQ 6.2.1 security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Fuse and A-MQ 6.2.1 Rollup Patch 3, which fixes two security issues and includes several bug fixes and various enhancements, is now available from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Fuse, based on Apache ServiceMix, provides a small-footprint, flexible, open source enterprise service bus and integration platform. Red Hat JBoss A-MQ, based on Apache ActiveMQ, is a standards compliant messaging system that is tailored for use in mission critical applications.
This patch is an update to Red Hat JBoss Fuse 6.2.1 and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ 6.2.1. It includes several bug fixes, which are documented in the readme.txt file included with the patch files.
- It was reported that the web based administration console does not set the X-Frame-Options header in HTTP responses. This allows the console to be embedded in a frame or iframe which could then be used to cause a user to perform an unintended action in the console. (CVE-2016-0734)
- It was found that Apache Active MQ administration web console did not validate input correctly when creating a queue. An authenticated attacker could exploit this flaw via cross-site scripting and use it to access sensitive information or further attacks. (CVE-2016-0782)
Refer to the readme.txt file included with the patch files for installation instructions.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1317516 - CVE-2016-0782 activemq: Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in web console
- BZ - 1317520 - CVE-2016-0734 activemq: Clickjacking in Web Console
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1