RHSA-2016:1328 - Security Advisory
Critical: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.2 security update
Security Advisory: Critical
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
A security update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.2.0 from the Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a platform for Java applications, which integrates the JBoss Application Server with JBoss Hibernate and JBoss Seam.
This asynchronous patch is a security update for JGroups package in Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.2. More information about this vulnerability is available at: https://access.redhat.com/articles/2360521
- It was found that JGroups did not require necessary headers for encrypt and auth protocols from new nodes joining the cluster. An attacker could use this flaw to bypass security restrictions, and use this vulnerability to send and receive messages within the cluster, leading to information disclosure, message spoofing, or further possible attacks. (CVE-2016-2141)
The CVE-2016-2141 issue was discovered by Dennis Reed (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied. Also, back up your existing Red
Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 installation (including all
applications and configuration files).
The JBoss server process must be restarted for the update to take effect.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the
Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 6 i386
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 5 x86_64
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 5 i386
- BZ - 1313589 - CVE-2016-2141 Authorization bypass in JGroups
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 6
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 for RHEL 5
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.