RHSA-2016:1271 - Security Advisory
Important: python-django-horizon security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for python-django-horizon is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 6.0 (Juno) for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon) provides administrators and users with a
graphical interface to access, provision, and automate cloud-based
- A DOM-based, cross-site scripting vulnerability was found in the OpenStack dashboard, where user input was not filtered correctly. An authenticated dashboard user could exploit the flaw by injecting an AngularJS template into a dashboard form (for example, using an image's description), triggering the vulnerability when another user browsed the affected page. As a result, this flaw could result in user accounts being compromised (for example, user-access credentials being stolen). (CVE-2016-4428)
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenStack project for reporting this issue. Upstream acknowledges Beth Lancaster (Virginia Tech) and Brandon Sawyers (Virginia Tech) as the original reporters.
- Having two security groups with the same name previously resulted in not being able to launch an instance if it used one of these groups. This bug has been fixed. (BZ#1293232)
- Previously, under some circumstances, the hypervisor list was not alphabetized. In this update, the sort attribute has been changed, and badly sorted lists no longer occur. (BZ#1238092)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 6.0 x86_64
- BZ - 1238092 - horizon hypervisor list not ordered alphabetically
- BZ - 1293232 - horizon is using the Security Group name rather than the ID
- BZ - 1343982 - CVE-2016-4428 python-django-horizon: XSS in client side template
Red Hat OpenStack 6.0