RHSA-2016:1135 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a lean data integration solution that
provides easy, real-time, and unified data access across disparate sources
to multiple applications and users. JBoss Data Virtualization makes data
spread across physically distinct systems - such as multiple databases, XML
files, and even Hadoop systems - appear as a set of tables in a local
- A deserialization flaw allowing remote code execution was found in the BeanShell library. If BeanShell was on the classpath, it could permit code execution if another part of the application deserialized objects involving a specially constructed chain of classes. A remote attacker could use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the application using the BeanShell library. (CVE-2016-2510)
- A denial of service flaw was found in the way the HSLFSlideShow class implementation in Apache POI handled certain PPT files. A remote attacker could submit a specially crafted PPT file that would cause Apache POI to hang indefinitely. (CVE-2014-9527)
All users of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.2.0 as provided from the
Red Hat Customer Portal are advised to apply this update.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update). Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization installation (including its databases, applications, configuration files, and so on).
Note that it is recommended to halt the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update, and then after installing the update, restart the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1181223 - CVE-2014-9527 apache-poi: denial of service in HSLFSlideShow via corrupted PPT file
- BZ - 1310647 - CVE-2016-2510 bsh2: remote code execution via deserialization
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1