RHSA-2016:0118 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Critical
Red Hat JBoss Operations Network 3.3 update 5, which fixes two security
issues and several bugs, is now available from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Critical security
impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the
Red Hat JBoss Operations Network is a Middleware management solution that
provides a single point of control to deploy, manage, and monitor JBoss
Enterprise Middleware, applications, and services.
This JBoss Operations Network 3.3.5 release serves as a replacement for
JBoss Operations Network 3.3.4, and includes several bug fixes. Refer to
the Customer Portal page linked in the References section for information
on the most significant of these changes.
The following security issues are also fixed with this release:
It was found that the Apache commons-collections library permitted code
execution when deserializing objects involving a specially constructed
chain of classes. A remote attacker could use this flaw to execute
arbitrary code with the permissions of the application using the commons-
collections library. (CVE-2015-7501)
A flaw was discovered in the way applications using Groovy used the
standard Java serialization mechanism. A remote attacker could use a
specially crafted serialized object that would execute code directly
when deserialized. All applications which rely on serialization and do
not isolate the code which deserializes objects are subject to this
All users of JBoss Operations Network 3.3.4 as provided from the Red Hat
Customer Portal are advised to upgrade to JBoss Operations Network 3.3.5.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must
log in to download the update). Before applying this update, back up your
existing JBoss Operations Network installation (including its databases,
applications, configuration files, the JBoss Operations Network server's
file system directory, and so on).
Refer to the JBoss Operations Network 3.3.5 Release Notes for
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1158947 - Operations, configuration, monitoring are broken on rhq.ear/rhq-core-domain-ejb3.jar#rhqpu resource
- BZ - 1187680 - Error recalculating DynaGroups due to ResourceGroupAlreadyExistsException continues to be reported every 11 minutes
- BZ - 1203799 - Ant Contrib tasks not recognized in Bundle Deployer Tool
- BZ - 1206084 - Resource group cannot be deleted if more then one bundle version is deployed on it
- BZ - 1231199 - Upgrade on windows failed with "Could not verify that the node is up and running"
- BZ - 1234991 - Expose replication factor as a read-only value on the storage node topology cluster settings page
- BZ - 1243934 - CVE-2015-3253 groovy: remote execution of untrusted code in class MethodClosure
- BZ - 1255196 - Event data purge job results in OutOfMemoryError when there are over 10 million events to be purged
- BZ - 1261907 - Metric chart in JON UI is not redrawn after it is first open
- BZ - 1269420 - Uninformative SQL error on insert on RHQ_CONFIG_DEF table when agent plug-in has a property name defined that exceeds 100 characters in length
- BZ - 1277389 - Default values for secure-socket-protocol parameters in rhq-server.properties and standalone-full.xml need updated to a valid protocol
- BZ - 1278215 - cassandra-jvm.properties.new includes Windows specific carriage return character "^M"
- BZ - 1279330 - CVE-2015-7501 apache-commons-collections: InvokerTransformer code execution during deserialisation
- BZ - 1293350 - Data Calc Job fails to complete when JBoss ON Server is set to DEBUG mode
- BZ - 1293368 - Some MeasurementData may not be processed by alerting
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1