RHSA-2015:0791 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Installer update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Installer packages that
fix one security issue and several bugs are now available for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 6.0.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Important security
impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the
Red Hat Enterprise OpenStack Platform Installer is a deployment management
tool. It provides a web user interface for managing the installation and
configuration of remote systems. Deployment of changes is performed using
Puppet. Additionally, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain
Name System (DNS), Preboot Execution Environment (PXE), and Trivial File
Transfer Protocol (TFTP) services can be provided. Controlling these
services also enables provisioning of physical systems that do not yet have
an operating system installed.
It was discovered that the puppet manifests, as provided with the
openstack-puppet-modules package, would configure the pcsd daemon with a
known default password. If this password was not changed and an attacker
was able to gain access to pcsd, they could potentially run shell commands
as root. (CVE-2015-1842)
Note: This flaw only affects Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
installations deployed using the HA feature set.
For additional information on addressing this flaw see:
This issue was discovered by Alessandro Vozza of Red Hat.
In addition to the above issue, this update also addresses multiple bugs
which are documented in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
Technical Notes, linked to in the References section.
All Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Installer users are advised
to upgrade to these updated packages, which correct these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 6.0 x86_64
- BZ - 1131584 - If fd0 is in /proc/partitions in the provisioned nodes installation fails with "Specified nonexistent disk fd0 in partition command"
- BZ - 1179892 - Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: undefined method `to_a' for "eqlx1":String at /etc/puppet/environments/production/modules/quickstack/manifests/cinder_volume.pp:179
- BZ - 1187815 - Add an indicator to Assigned Hosts table to show when networks have been configured
- BZ - 1188602 - Can't change the IP in interfaces of hosts assigned to an OSP deployment if the interfaces are a bond device
- BZ - 1189921 - [HA] start/stop ordering constraint are not correct and can cause cluster to fail on shutdown
- BZ - 1190185 - OFI not reliably setting IP for tenant bridge when using tunnels
- BZ - 1191519 - Need to increase the value of max_connections in Galera to avoid disconnections
- BZ - 1192513 - Ceilometer not installed correctly via installer
- BZ - 1192862 - Glance fails to start after RHEL-OSP6 install with Ceph backend (missing known_stores)
- BZ - 1192864 - Ceph public network is evaluated to be the Provisioning/PXE network
- BZ - 1193582 - [Neutron][Staypuft] Single Controller fails to create router
- BZ - 1194269 - Deployment will stop on systems which boots/shutdowns quickly and foreman-proxy is terminated before buffer is flushed.
- BZ - 1196310 - Include rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-rpms channel for HA deployments
- BZ - 1198032 - VRRP_Instance are on MASTER STATE on all controllers.
- BZ - 1199266 - OSP compute nodes should not rely on ceph command
- BZ - 1199827 - RHEL-OSP-Installer should disable all repos before activating the right ones
- BZ - 1201363 - Changes in fencing require OFI changes
- BZ - 1201875 - CVE-2015-1842 openstack-puppet-modules: pacemaker configured with default password
- BZ - 1202464 - rubygem-staypuft: During deployment -error in reports: Execution of '/usr/bin/systemctl start openstack-nova-compute' returned 1: Job for openstack-nova-compute.service failed
- BZ - 1204483 - HA | Duplicate entry exception for vxlan-allocation cause to neutron-server fail to start. VXLAN.
- BZ - 1204647 - Download of glance image fails because of wrong glance_store option.
- BZ - 1207284 - l2pop and l3-ha should never be turned on together
Red Hat OpenStack 6.0