RHSA-2014:1790 - Security Advisory
Important: openstack-keystone security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated openstack-keystone packages that fix one security issue and several
bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having Important security
impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in the
The OpenStack Identity service (keystone) authenticates and authorizes
OpenStack users by keeping track of users and their permitted activities.
The Identity service supports multiple forms of authentication, including
user name and password credentials, token-based systems, and
A flaw was found in the keystone catalog URL replacement. A user with
permissions to register an endpoint could use this flaw to leak
configuration data, including the master admin_token. Only keystone setups
that allow non-cloud-admin users to create endpoints were affected by this
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenStack project for reporting this issue.
Upstream acknowledges Brant Knudson from IBM as the original reporter.
The openstack-keystone packages have been upgraded to upstream version
2014.1.3, which provides a number of bug fixes over the previous version.
All openstack-keystone users are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which correct these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - LDAP misconfiguration should be handled better
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - Can't get a token with curl when keystone is running in Apache with LDAP
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - CVE-2014-3621 openstack-keystone: configuration data information leak through Keystone catalog
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - Keystone LDAPS connection using CA certificate
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - Include policy.v3cloudsample.json example
- BZ - RHSA-2014:1790 - Rebase openstack-keystone to 2014.1.3
Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 7