RHSA-2014:0037 - Security Advisory
Moderate: jasperreports-server-pro security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An updated jasperreports-server-pro package that fixes two security issues,
several bugs, and adds various enhancements is now available.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization reports package provides a suite of
pre-configured reports and dashboards that enable you to monitor the
system. The reports module is based on JasperReports and JasperServer, and
can also be used to create ad-hoc reports.
Apache Axis did not verify that the server hostname matched the domain name
in the subject's Common Name (CN) or subjectAltName field in X.509
certificates. This could allow a man-in-the-middle attacker to spoof an SSL
server if they had a certificate that was valid for any domain name.
A flaw was found in the Apache Hadoop RPC protocol. A man-in-the-middle
attacker could possibly use this flaw to unilaterally disable bidirectional
authentication between a client and a server, forcing a downgrade to simple
(unidirectional) authentication. This flaw only affects users who have
enabled Hadoop's Kerberos security features. (CVE-2013-2192)
This update fixes several bugs and adds multiple enhancements.
Documentation for these changes will be available shortly from the
Technical Notes document linked to in the References section.
All jasperreports-server-pro users are advised to upgrade to this updated
package, which contains backported patches to correct these issues and add
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the
Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- BZ - 873252 - CVE-2012-5784 axis: Does not verify that the server hostname matches a domain name in the subject's CN or subjectAltName field of the x.509 certificate
- BZ - 967349 - PRD33 - rebase jasper server to 5.x
- BZ - 977642 - [PENDING JASPER] - [rhevm-reports_33] - Reports - IC window is empty and any button causes Reports to logout
- BZ - 988210 - [PENDING JASPER] - [rhevm-reports_33] - Webadmin - Dashboards are not available via webadmin
- BZ - 1001326 - CVE-2013-2192 hadoop: man-in-the-middle vulnerability
- BZ - 1020340 - [PENDING JASPER] Report page not loading
- BZ - 1033090 - When webadmin redirects to reports the browser shows resend confirmation dialog
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3