RHSA-2013:0707 - Security Advisory
Moderate: openstack-glance security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated openstack-glance packages that fix one security issue and various
bugs are now available for Red Hat OpenStack Folsom.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in
the References section.
These packages provide a service (code name Glance) that acts as a registry
for virtual machine images.
An information leak flaw was found in the way Glance handled certain image
requests. If caching were enabled, an authenticated user could use this
flaw to obtain Glance's OpenStack Swift or Amazon Simple Storage Service
(Amazon S3) credentials. (CVE-2013-1840)
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenStack project for reporting this issue.
Upstream acknowledges Stuart McLaren (HP) as the original reporter.
This update also fixes various bugs in the openstack-glance packages.
All users of openstack-glance are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which correct these issues. After installing the updated
packages, the running Glance services must be manually restarted (using
"service [service name] restart") for this update to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack folsom x86_64
- BZ - 888077 - Glance logs should not include DEBUG by default
- BZ - 915445 - jsonschema version 1.0 breaks glance
- BZ - 917059 - member-delete incorrect status codes on delete already deleted or invalid entry
- BZ - 920393 - CVE-2013-1840 OpenStack Glance: Backend credentials leak in Glance v1 API
- BZ - 923395 - member-delete incorrect status codes on delete already deleted entry
Red Hat OpenStack folsom