RHSA-2013:0638 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise 1.1.2 update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise 1.1.2, which fixes several security issues, is
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
OpenShift Enterprise is a cloud computing Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
solution from Red Hat, and is designed for on-premise or private cloud
A flaw was found in the handling of paths provided to ruby193-rubygem-rack.
A remote attacker could use this flaw to conduct a directory traversal
attack by passing malformed requests. (CVE-2013-0262)
A timing attack flaw was found in the way rubygem-rack and
ruby193-rubygem-rack processed HMAC digests in cookies. This flaw could aid
an attacker using forged digital signatures to bypass authentication
It was found that Jenkins did not protect against Cross-Site Request
Forgery (CSRF) attacks. If a remote attacker could trick a user, who was
logged into Jenkins, into visiting a specially-crafted URL, the attacker
could perform operations on Jenkins. (CVE-2013-0327, CVE-2013-0329)
A cross-site scripting (XSS) flaw was found in Jenkins. A remote attacker
could use this flaw to conduct an XSS attack against users of Jenkins.
A flaw could allow a Jenkins user to build jobs they do not have access to.
A flaw could allow a Jenkins user to cause a denial of service if they
are able to supply a specially-crafted payload. (CVE-2013-0331)
Users are advised to upgrade to Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise 1.1.2. It is
recommended that you restart your system after applying this update.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Infrastructure 1 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Application Node 1 x86_64
- BZ - 909071 - CVE-2013-0263 rubygem-rack: Timing attack in cookie sessions
- BZ - 909072 - CVE-2013-0262 rubygem-rack: Path sanitization information disclosure
- BZ - 914875 - CVE-2013-0327 jenkins: cross-site request forgery (CSRF) on Jenkins master
- BZ - 914876 - CVE-2013-0328 jenkins: XSS
- BZ - 914877 - CVE-2013-0329 jenkins: cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection mechanism bypass
- BZ - 914878 - CVE-2013-0330 jenkins: cause building jobs without direct access
- BZ - 914879 - CVE-2013-0331 jenkins: denial of service attack by feeding a carefully crafted payload to Jenkins
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Infrastructure 1
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Application Node 1