RHSA-2013:0211 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated rhevm packages that fix two security issues and various bugs are
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager is a centralized management
platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual
machines. The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager provides a
comprehensive range of features including search capabilities, resource
management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning. The
Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several
interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and
interacted with, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a
Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface
It was discovered that running the domain management tool with the validate
action ("rhevm-manage-domains -action=validate") logged administrative
passwords to a world-readable log file. A local attacker could use this
flaw to gain control of systems that are managed by Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager. (CVE-2012-6115)
A flaw was found in the way the MoveDisk command checked permissions on the
target storage domain. A privileged user (a storage admin of a storage
domain) could use this flaw to exhaust all available free space in another
storage domain they would otherwise not have access to. (CVE-2013-0168)
The CVE-2012-6115 issue was discovered by Andrew Cathrow of Red Hat. The
CVE-2013-0168 issue was discovered by Ondrej Machacek of Red Hat.
Previously, upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.0 to
3.1 was not formally supported by Red Hat. This update fixes a number of
known issues with the upgrade process. As a result, upgrading from Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.0 to 3.1 is now supported.
For more information on upgrading to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager 3.1, consult the Installation Guide:
Additional tips and considerations to take into account are also available
in the Red Hat Knowledgebase:
Information on the bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager administrators are advised to
install these updated packages, which fix these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.1 x86_64
- BZ - 842134 - [Storage] cannot force extend block storage domains (no force extendVG support)
- BZ - 854214 - engine: logging - when domain is partially inaccessible event log does not report which luns are inaccessible
- BZ - 881059 - RESTAPI: RSDL does not document lun-based disks parameters for add()
- BZ - 881121 - [es_ES] heading "Virtual size" is truncated in Spanish [LAYOUT]
- BZ - 881783 - ovrit-engine-backend:.rollbackQuota ignores disabled quota
- BZ - 883893 - [ja_JP] Test case failure: Host Tab [LAYOUT] - "no network assigned" translation doesn't fit a single line
- BZ - 883896 - [ja_JP] Test case failure: Storage Tab: General sub-tab: unnecessary colon (":") between "Used: xxxxGB" line and NFS Export Path
- BZ - 883903 - [es_ES] Event Tab, Advance view 's heading Event is truncated [LAYOUT]
- BZ - 883910 - [ja_JP] Test case failure: Disk Tab: Remove Disk(s) dialog: "[disk-alias] is Bootable and Attached to [n] VM(s)" message structure need to be revised.
- BZ - 883915 - Portal Login button label is not localized
- BZ - 883933 - [zh_CN] Truncation column name on logical networks sub tab [LAYOUT]
- BZ - 886166 - Backend: CPU pinning works only with single-digit CPU's
- BZ - 886520 - Create ISCSI LUN Disk: Connection details should be mandatory
- BZ - 886654 - [ja_JP] Test case failure: Check the message for Alert/Events/Tasks: The Date part of the message contains minutes in the month-section.
- BZ - 887856 - [ja_JP] Test case failure: Virtual Machines [LAYOUT]: New VM dialog -> Resrouce Allocation section -> string "clone" is broken into two lines
- BZ - 887904 - [rhevm-upgrade] during upgrade rhev-guest-tools-iso is not updated to latest version and remains with old version
- BZ - 888039 - Failed Hot-Plug and Hot-UnPlug Direct LUN in FC DC environment
- BZ - 888309 - Importing a VM from an OVF without the diskAlias property with copyCollapse=false will not auto-generate disk aliases
- BZ - 888317 - [engine] [upgrade] Unable to perform operations as user on existing VM after upgrade from RHEV 3.0 to 3.1
- BZ - 888785 - [RHEVM Web Admin Portal localization] Zanata source strings (rhevm-3.1 version) containing "oVirt" and "Engine"
- BZ - 889792 - 'Configure Local Disk' does not work properly in Japanese environment
- BZ - 891631 - rhevm-upgrade must check for enough disk space to perform an upgrade before starting the upgrade
- BZ - 893355 - CVE-2013-0168 rhev-m: insufficient MoveDisk target domain permission checks
- BZ - 902341 - [User Portal] An user with UserRole assigned to a pool does not see pool's VMs
- BZ - 905865 - CVE-2012-6115 rhev: rhevm-manage-domains logs admin passwords
Red Hat Virtualization 3.1