RHSA-2012:1225 - Security Advisory
Critical: java-1.7.0-oracle security update
Security Advisory: Critical
Updated java-1.7.0-oracle packages that fix several security issues are now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Supplementary.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The Oracle Java 7 release includes the Oracle Java 7 Runtime Environment
and the Oracle Java 7 Software Development Kit.
This update fixes several vulnerabilities in the Oracle Java 7 Runtime
Environment and the Oracle Java 7 Software Development Kit. Further
information about these flaws can be found on the Oracle Java SE Security
Alert page, listed in the References section. (CVE-2012-4681,
CVE-2012-1682, CVE-2012-3136, CVE-2012-0547)
Red Hat is aware that a public exploit for CVE-2012-4681 is available that
executes code without user interaction when a user visits a malicious web
page using a browser with the Oracle Java 7 web browser plug-in enabled.
All users of java-1.7.0-oracle are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which provide Oracle Java 7 Update 7 and resolve these issues.
All running instances of Oracle Java must be restarted for the update to
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 6.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 6.3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 6 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Scientific Computing 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 6 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support from RHUI 6.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support from RHUI 6.3 i386
- BZ - 852051 - CVE-2012-4681 OpenJDK: beans insufficient permission checks, Java 7 0day (beans, 7162473)
- BZ - 853097 - CVE-2012-1682 OpenJDK: beans ClassFinder insufficient permission checks (beans, 7162476)
- BZ - 853138 - CVE-2012-3136 OpenJDK: beans MethodElementHandler insufficient permission checks (beans, 7194567)
- BZ - 853228 - CVE-2012-0547 OpenJDK: AWT hardening fixes (AWT, 7163201)
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.