RHSA-2012:0142 - Security Advisory
Critical: firefox security update
Security Advisory: Critical
An updated firefox package that fixes one security issue is now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the CVE link in
the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser.
A heap-based buffer overflow flaw was found in the way Firefox handled
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) images. A web page containing a malicious
PNG image could cause Firefox to crash or, possibly, execute arbitrary
code with the privileges of the user running Firefox. (CVE-2011-3026)
All Firefox users should upgrade to this updated package, which corrects
this issue. After installing the update, Firefox must be restarted for the
changes to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 790737 - CVE-2011-3026 libpng: Heap-buffer-overflow in png_decompress_chunk
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4