RHSA-2011:1265 - Security Advisory
Moderate: java-1.4.2-ibm-sap security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated java-1.4.2-ibm-sap packages that fix several security issues are
now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5 and 6 for SAP.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The IBM 1.4.2 SR13-FP10 Java release includes the IBM Java 1.4.2 Runtime
Environment and the IBM Java 1.4.2 Software Development Kit.
This update fixes several vulnerabilities in the IBM Java 1.4.2 Runtime
Environment and the IBM Java 1.4.2 Software Development Kit. Detailed
vulnerability descriptions are linked from the IBM "Security alerts" page,
listed in the References section. (CVE-2011-0311, CVE-2011-0802,
CVE-2011-0814, CVE-2011-0862, CVE-2011-0865, CVE-2011-0867, CVE-2011-0871)
Note: The RHSA-2011:0870 java-1.4.2-ibm-sap update did not, unlike the
erratum text stated, provide a complete fix for the CVE-2011-0311 issue.
All users of java-1.4.2-ibm-sap are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which contain the IBM 1.4.2 SR13-FP10 Java release. All running
instances of IBM Java must be restarted for this update to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP from RHUI 6 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP from RHUI 5 x86_64
- RHEL for SAP - Extended Update Support 6.7 x86_64
- BZ - 702349 - CVE-2011-0311 IBM JDK Class file parsing denial-of-service
- BZ - 706106 - CVE-2011-0865 OpenJDK: Deserialization allows creation of mutable SignedObject (Deserialization, 6618658)
- BZ - 706139 - CVE-2011-0862 OpenJDK: integer overflows in JPEGImageReader and font SunLayoutEngine (2D, 7013519)
- BZ - 706153 - CVE-2011-0867 OpenJDK: NetworkInterface information leak (Networking, 7013969)
- BZ - 706248 - CVE-2011-0871 OpenJDK: MediaTracker created Component instances with unnecessary privileges (Swing, 7020198)
- BZ - 711677 - CVE-2011-0802 CVE-2011-0814 Oracle/IBM JDK: unspecified vulnerabilities fixed in 6u26 (Sound)
This erratum does not contain any packages.