RHSA-2011:0393 - Security Advisory
Important: conga security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated conga packages that fix one security issue are now available for
Red Hat Cluster Suite 4.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having
important security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the
CVE link in the References section.
The conga packages provide a web-based administration tool for remote
cluster and storage management.
A privilege escalation flaw was found in luci, the Conga web-based
administration application. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw
to obtain administrative access, allowing them to read, create, or modify
the content of the luci application. (CVE-2011-0720)
Users of Conga are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain a backported patch to resolve this issue. After installing the
updated packages, luci must be restarted ("service luci restart") for the
update to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 i386
- BZ - 676961 - CVE-2011-0720 plone: unauthorized remote administrative access
This erratum does not contain any packages.