RHSA-2011:0368 - Security Advisory
Critical: flash-plugin - End Of Life
Security Advisory: Critical
This update disables Adobe Flash Player 9 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, as
it contains multiple security flaws and should no longer be used.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
The flash-plugin package contains a Mozilla Firefox compatible Adobe Flash
Player web browser plug-in.
Adobe Flash Player 9 is vulnerable to critical security flaws and should no
longer be used. A remote attacker could use these flaws to execute
arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running Flash Player 9.
(CVE-2011-0558, CVE-2011-0559, CVE-2011-0560, CVE-2011-0561, CVE-2011-0571,
CVE-2011-0572, CVE-2011-0573, CVE-2011-0574, CVE-2011-0575, CVE-2011-0577,
CVE-2011-0578, CVE-2011-0607, CVE-2011-0608)
Adobe is no longer providing security updates for Adobe Flash Player 9, and
is not providing a replacement Flash Player version compatible with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4.
This erratum disables Adobe Flash Player 9 to prevent it from functioning.
User wishing to continue using Flash Player 9, despite the vulnerabilities,
can add the flash-plugin package to the up2date skip list. Refer to the
following Red Hat Knowledgebase article for instructions on adding a
package to the up2date skip list:
This update disables the flash-plugin package due to its known security
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 4ES i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 4AS i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- BZ - 676226 - CVE-2011-0558 CVE-2011-0559 CVE-2011-0560 CVE-2011-0561 CVE-2011-0571 CVE-2011-0572 CVE-2011-0573 CVE-2011-0574 CVE-2011-0575 CVE-2011-0577 CVE-2011-0578 CVE-2011-0607 CVE-2011-0608 flash-plugin: multiple code execution flaws (APSB11-02)
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.