RHSA-2010:0750 - Security Advisory
Important: xpdf security update
Security Advisory: Important
An updated xpdf package that fixes one security issue is now available for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having
important security impact. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available from the
CVE link in the References section.
Xpdf is an X Window System based viewer for Portable Document Format (PDF)
An uninitialized pointer use flaw was discovered in Xpdf. An attacker could
create a malicious PDF file that, when opened, would cause Xpdf to crash
or, potentially, execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2010-3702)
Users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which contains a
backported patch to correct this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 595245 - CVE-2010-3702 xpdf: uninitialized Gfx::parser pointer dereference
This erratum does not contain any packages.