RHSA-2010:0624 - Security Advisory
Critical: flash-plugin security update
Security Advisory: Critical
An updated Adobe Flash Player package that fixes multiple security issues
is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 Extras.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The flash-plugin package contains a Mozilla Firefox compatible Adobe Flash
Player web browser plug-in.
This update fixes multiple vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player. These
vulnerabilities are detailed on the Adobe security page APSB10-16, listed
in the References section.
Multiple security flaws were found in the way flash-plugin displayed
certain SWF content. An attacker could use these flaws to create a
specially-crafted SWF file that would cause flash-plugin to crash or,
potentially, execute arbitrary code when the victim loaded a page
containing the specially-crafted SWF content. (CVE-2010-0209,
CVE-2010-2213, CVE-2010-2214, CVE-2010-2216)
A clickjacking flaw was discovered in flash-plugin. A specially-crafted SWF
file could trick a user into unintentionally or mistakenly clicking a link
or a dialog. (CVE-2010-2215)
All users of Adobe Flash Player should install this updated package, which
upgrades Flash Player to version 9.0.280.0.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support 4ES i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support 4AS i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- BZ - 622947 - CVE-2010-0209 CVE-2010-2213 CVE-2010-2214 CVE-2010-2215 CVE-2010-2216 flash-plugin: multiple security flaws (APSB10-16)
This erratum does not contain any packages.