RHSA-2010:0586 - Security Advisory
Moderate: java-1.4.2-ibm-sap security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated java-1.4.2-ibm-sap packages that fix several security issues are
now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 for SAP.
The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
security impact. Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base scores,
which give detailed severity ratings, are available for each vulnerability
from the CVE links in the References section.
The IBM 1.4.2 SR13-FP5 Java release includes the IBM Java 2 Runtime
Environment and the IBM Java 2 Software Development Kit.
This update fixes several vulnerabilities in the IBM Java 2 Runtime
Environment and the IBM Java 2 Software Development Kit. These
vulnerabilities are summarized on the IBM "Security alerts" page listed in
the References section. (CVE-2010-0084, CVE-2010-0085, CVE-2010-0087,
CVE-2010-0088, CVE-2010-0089, CVE-2010-0091, CVE-2010-0095, CVE-2010-0839,
CVE-2010-0840, CVE-2010-0841, CVE-2010-0842, CVE-2010-0843, CVE-2010-0844,
CVE-2010-0846, CVE-2010-0847, CVE-2010-0848, CVE-2010-0849)
Note: The java-1.4.2-ibm packages were renamed to java-1.4.2-ibm-sap to
correct a naming overlap; however, java-1.4.2-ibm-sap does not
automatically obsolete the previous java-1.4.2-ibm packages for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 for SAP. Refer to the RHBA-2010:0491 and
RHBA-2010:0530 advisories, listed in the References, for further
All users of java-1.4.2-ibm-sap for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 for
SAP are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which contain the IBM
1.4.2 SR13-FP5 Java release. All running instances of IBM Java must be
restarted for this update to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP from RHUI 5 x86_64
- BZ - 575740 - CVE-2010-0084 OpenJDK Policy/PolicyFile leak dynamic ProtectionDomains. (6633872)
- BZ - 575747 - CVE-2010-0085 OpenJDK File TOCTOU deserialization vulnerability (6736390)
- BZ - 575755 - CVE-2010-0088 OpenJDK Inflater/Deflater clone issues (6745393)
- BZ - 575756 - CVE-2010-0091 OpenJDK Unsigned applet can retrieve the dragged information before drop action occurs(6887703)
- BZ - 575772 - CVE-2010-0095 OpenJDK Subclasses of InetAddress may incorrectly interpret network addresses (6893954)
- BZ - 575846 - CVE-2010-0840 OpenJDK Applet Trusted Methods Chaining Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (6904691)
- BZ - 575854 - CVE-2010-0841 OpenJDK JPEGImageReader stepX Integer Overflow Vulnerability (6909597)
- BZ - 575865 - CVE-2010-0848 OpenJDK AWT Library Invalid Index Vulnerability (6914823)
- BZ - 575871 - CVE-2010-0847 OpenJDK ImagingLib arbitrary code execution vulnerability (6914866)
- BZ - 578430 - CVE-2010-0846 JDK unspecified vulnerability in ImageIO component
- BZ - 578432 - CVE-2010-0849 JDK unspecified vulnerability in Java2D component
- BZ - 578433 - CVE-2010-0087 JDK unspecified vulnerability in JWS/Plugin component
- BZ - 578436 - CVE-2010-0839 CVE-2010-0842 CVE-2010-0843 CVE-2010-0844 JDK multiple unspecified vulnerabilities
- BZ - 578440 - CVE-2010-0089 JDK unspecified vulnerability in JavaWS/Plugin component
This erratum does not contain any packages.