RHSA-2009:1500 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An updated xpdf package that fixes multiple security issues is now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
Xpdf is an X Window System based viewer for Portable Document Format (PDF)
Multiple integer overflow flaws were found in Xpdf. An attacker could
create a malicious PDF file that would cause Xpdf to crash or, potentially,
execute arbitrary code when opened. (CVE-2009-0791, CVE-2009-3604,
Red Hat would like to thank Adam Zabrocki for reporting the CVE-2009-3604
Users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which contains a
backported patch to correct these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 491840 - CVE-2009-0791 xpdf: multiple integer overflows
- BZ - 526877 - CVE-2009-3606 xpdf/poppler: PSOutputDev::doImageL1Sep integer overflow
- BZ - 526893 - CVE-2009-3609 xpdf/poppler: ImageStream::ImageStream integer overflow
- BZ - 526911 - CVE-2009-3604 xpdf/poppler: Splash::drawImage integer overflow and missing allocation return value check