RHSA-2009:1128 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Updated kdelibs packages that fix one security issue are now available for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The kdelibs packages provide libraries for the K Desktop Environment (KDE).
A flaw was found in the way the KDE CSS parser handled content for the
CSS "style" attribute. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted
CSS equipped HTML page, which once visited by an unsuspecting user, could
cause a denial of service (Konqueror crash) or, potentially, execute
arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running Konqueror.
Users should upgrade to these updated packages, which contain a backported
patch to correct this issue. The desktop must be restarted (log out, then
log back in) for this update to take effect.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 506469 - CVE-2009-1698 kdelibs: KHTML CSS parser - incorrect handling CSS "style" attribute content (DoS, ACE)