RHSA-2009:0334 - Security Advisory
Critical: flash-plugin security update
Security Advisory: Critical
An updated Adobe Flash Player package that fixes several security issues is
now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 Extras.
This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The flash-plugin package contains a Firefox-compatible Adobe Flash Player
Web browser plug-in.
Multiple input validation flaws were found in the way Flash Player
displayed certain SWF (Shockwave Flash) content. An attacker could use
these flaws to create a specially-crafted SWF file that could cause
flash-plugin to crash, or, possibly, execute arbitrary code when the victim
loaded a page containing the specially-crafted SWF content. (CVE-2009-0520,
All users of Adobe Flash Player should install this updated package, which
upgrades Flash Player to version 22.214.171.124.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 4ES i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Extended Update Support 4AS i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- BZ - 487141 - CVE-2009-0519 flash-plugin: Input validation flaw (DoS)
- BZ - 487142 - CVE-2009-0520 flash-plugin: Buffer overflow (arbitrary code execution) via crafted SWF file.
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.