RHSA-2008:0528 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated ucd-snmp packages that fix a security issue are now available for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1.
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a protocol used for
A flaw was found in the way ucd-snmp checked an SNMPv3 packet's Keyed-Hash
Message Authentication Code (HMAC). An attacker could use this flaw to
spoof an authenticated SNMPv3 packet. (CVE-2008-0960)
All users of ucd-snmp should upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain a backported patch to resolve this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 i386
- BZ - 447974 - CVE-2008-0960 net-snmp SNMPv3 authentication bypass (VU#877044)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2