RHSA-2007:1028 - Security Advisory
Important: tetex security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated tetex packages that fix a security issue are now available for Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 and 3.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
TeTeX is an implementation of TeX. TeX takes a text file and a set of
formatting commands as input, and creates a typesetter-independent DeVice
Independent (dvi) file as output.
Alin Rad Pop discovered a flaw in the handling of PDF files. An attacker
could create a malicious PDF file that would cause TeTeX to crash, or
potentially execute arbitrary code when opened. (CVE-2007-5393)
Users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which contain
backported patches to resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 345121 - CVE-2007-5393 xpdf buffer overflow in CCITTFaxStream::lookChar()
This erratum does not contain any packages.