RHSA-2007:1023 - Security Advisory
Important: cups security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated cups packages that fix several security issues are now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
This update has been rated as having important security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) provides a portable printing layer
for UNIX(R) operating systems.
Alin Rad Pop discovered a flaw in the handling of PDF files. An attacker
could create a malicious PDF file that would cause CUPS to crash or
potentially execute arbitrary code when printed. (CVE-2007-5393)
Alin Rad Pop discovered a flaw in in the way CUPS handles certain IPP tags.
A remote attacker who is able to connect to the IPP TCP port could send a
malicious request causing the CUPS daemon to crash. (CVE-2007-4351)
A flaw was found in the way CUPS handled SSL negotiation. A remote attacker
capable of connecting to the CUPS daemon could cause CUPS to crash.
All CUPS users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain backported patches to resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 250161 - CVE-2007-4045 Incomplete fix for CVE-2007-0720 CUPS denial of service
- BZ - 345091 - CVE-2007-4351 cups boundary error
- BZ - 345121 - CVE-2007-5393 xpdf buffer overflow in CCITTFaxStream::lookChar()
This erratum does not contain any packages.