RHSA-2007:0473 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated gcc packages that fix a security issue and another bug are now
This update has been rated as having moderate security impact by the Red
Hat Security Response Team.
The gcc packages include C, C++, Java, Fortran 77, Objective C, and Ada 95
GNU compilers and related support libraries.
Jürgen Weigert discovered a directory traversal flaw in fastjar. An
attacker could create a malicious JAR file which, if unpacked using
fastjar, could write to any files the victim had write access to.
These updated packages also fix a reload internal compiler error with
- fnon-call-exceptions option.
All users of gcc should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc